POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Tree" algorithms : "Tree" algorithms Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:25:08 EDT (-0400)
  "Tree" algorithms
From: Lawrence W
Date: 12 Jan 2006 09:30:01
Message: <web.43c6677fa25a577e8a5251970@news.povray.org>
Its been a while since I posted anything here, and there was only a few
anyway.  Nonetheless, once a Pover, its hard to stay away for long.

I'd like to creat my own tree macro, and to start I've got a cone shaped
object made up of a stack of individual cones.  My goal is to create a tree
with cone shaped sections that branch out from a central trunk.  I'm
thinking this would be a recursive deal with the entire tree concept
repeating on each branch until I hit a certail threshold.

Is this possible?  Am I dumb to try to recreate the wheel?  I really want to
do this task for myself, in order to better understand the PovRay SDL.  So
here's what I've got so far.  The cone on the right is the tree so far; the
cone on the left is the reference cone for height, and the cone in the
middle is the base unit that I started from.  Any help is extremely
appreciated.  Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'my_tree.png' (37 KB)